Reports To: Head of ICT
Riara University is a dynamic private university accredited by the Commission for University Education and the Council of Legal Education. It was established out of a sincere desire to provide a holistic approach to higher education. Ours is a concept that goes beyond the classroom, syllabus-based learning. It reaches out to provide stimulation and motivation for self-development and capacity for life-long education and empowerment. The University prides itself in very good partnerships with industry, high employability rates, and a fulfilling, collegial culture that empowers each individual to explore their full potential and to develop values and networks that will underpin their actions through life.
The University is seeking to recruit a talented individual to fill the position of ICT Assistant 1, in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person will be mainly responsible for the following functions;
- Provide technical and user support to Riara University students and staff.
- Website management: upgrading the existing website and/or building a new website
- Application development: developing the required Mobile and other applications that may be required in the University.
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB; Developing business intelligent reports and analytics from the University systems to give a better understanding of the running data and improve decision-making
- API Integration: Building BOTS that can interact with systems, and users and integrate them into the website and mobile application to support recruitment and ongoing learners
- University IT security: Maintaining application security, event investigations, and compliance enforcement, providing monitoring and primary response and intervention for information technology-related security incidents and violations.
- Hardware monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring and managing system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Keeping a check on the latest hardware driver updates and accordingly, downloading and deploying the updates across the University systems and performing regular backups.
- Carry out additional tasks as required by the head of the department.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining with good knowledge of WordPress and Joomla Content Management Systems.
- Editing, writing, designing website content and liaising with the marketing department for website content creation.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux Server management.
- Experience in the administration of Windows systems and computer network technologies.
- Sound knowledge of open data standards and data sharing systems using JSON objects, API interfaces, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to use UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience with social media platform management.
- Excellent Communication & interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the Information Communication and Technology field preferably in an academic institution.
- ICT Professional certifications such as Microsoft, CCNA, or HCIA.
- Certification in graphic design and SEO Optimization will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts, and a cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Vice Chancellor by 9th January 2023.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; email@example.com with the E Mail heading: ICT Assistant I