Lecturer Riara Law School
Job Title: Lecturer
School: Riara Law School
Reports to: Dean of School
The primary function of this post is the delivery and development of cutting-edge learning, teaching, and scholarship at the Riara University, School of Law.
We seek an individual with online teaching and/or blended learning experience to foster and develop successful collaboration within and outside the University in order to efficiently respond to our customer needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver instructor-led sessions, monitor student progress during training, and provide support and advice to enable the students to gain competence in the units taught,
- Actively monitor and respond to the School’s curriculum development initiatives at international, regional and local levels,
- Under the guidance of the Dean participate in the development of curricula for the School of Law programs,
- Act as a subject area expert and participate in providing advice and support for new projects within the department,
- Assist in identifying research and scholarship opportunities and actively participate, in the development of proposals, funding concept notes, and organizing conferences.
- Assist in organizing and guiding students to participate in community service, and platforms that enhance student participation, learning, and professional development,
- Work with the Dean, and other colleagues to develop and enhance training documentation to support the delivery of the School’s Programs,
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy to ensure sustainable enrolment of students at the University,
- Holder of a Master’s Degree in Law
- Proven teaching/research experience for at least three years
- A confident individual with a proven ability to develop and manage public and private sector linkages and partnerships.
- Expert knowledge in their field, as well as relevant experience and the ability to teach, using a variety of student-based learning approaches, on a range of academic and professional programs.
- Ability to plan and organize public lectures, workshops, and conferences.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An action-oriented person with excellent writing and editorial skills, as well as a proven track record of effective administration and research experience.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above expectations are invited to send their CV, 3 referees’ contacts, and a cover letter indicating the expected gross salary, addressed to the Vice Chancellor by 10th November 2022. Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org,
with the job position as the Email title.