Riara University Library is committed in provision of up-to-date information and management of knowledge for learning, teaching and research in the University. In line with this, we are seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Systems Librarian.
The Person will be responsible for provision of ICT expertise in the Library Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer library applications in the University server,
- Management of digital library collections including an institutional repository,
- Training staff and students on the use of library systems and software’s,
- Maintaining the Library computer software and hardware,
- Maintaining the Library website and database,
- Troubleshooting of hardware, software and LAN in the Library,
- Overseeing the implementation of new library systems
- Checking information resources in and out of the Library,
- Processing information resources for placement on the shelves,
- Assist students and staff to effectively use the Library’s catalogue,
- Scanning, photocopying and printing of documents,
- Managing the digital collection and electronic resources.
- Maintain the Library hardware and software inventory
- Formulation and Implementation of policies and procedures in the area of systems development and administration in the library
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences with specialization in Information Technology or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science with Diploma in Library and Information studies.
- At least two years working experience as a Systems Librarian preferably in an academic institution set up.
- Be conversant with Library Management systems KOHA and DSpace.
- Competency in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to update, upgrade and manage the Library systems (KOHA and DSpace)
- Competency in Linux administration
- Knowledge of scholarly publication, research and copyright issues
- Knowledge on management of digital content
- Working development and management of websites.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications are invited to apply for the above position by sending their CV, 3 referees’ contacts and cover letter indicating the current and expected gross salary, addressed to the Deputy Vice Chancellor by 12th October, 2021.
Applications should be forwarded to the Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Email title should indicate; Systems’ Librarian Job Application.